December 21, 2018
Over $2.5M Available for Affordable Housing Projects – Applications Due February 1, 2019
The Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) announces the availability of funds under the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. Project proposals are being solicited to acquire, develop or rehabilitate affordable housing.
Preference will be given to projects that include acquisition, development, and rehabilitation of affordable housing and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Result in affordable housing that is accessible to disabled persons;
- Serve extremely low-income households (at or below 30 percent Area Median Income (AMI));
- Provide housing for persons experiencing homelessness or who are at-risk of homelessness;
- Provide housing for seniors (62 years and older);
- Provide housing for youth transitioning out of foster care; and
- Provide beneficiaries with direct access to public transportation and/or community retail centers and/or supportive services.
The funding available under this request for proposal includes a total estimated $2,527,522 of CDBG funds. Funding awarded to successful applicants must be used within 24 months of approval by the Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority of grant awards (i.e., project completion and fully occupied by beneficiaries).
An application is available online at:
Request for Proposals CDBG Affordable Housing Projects FY 2019- Round 2 and the FY 2019 CDBG RFP Evaluation Criteria and Application – Round 2.